Spanish Golden Visa for Investors: Years 5-10+
If you are a non-EU national with €500,000 or more to invest in property in Spain you can receive a Spanish residence permit known as the Spanish Golden Visa.
If you haven’t already, read our previous posts about the Spanish Golden Visa to find out if you meet the requirements and what applying for the one-year and two-year investor visas entails:
- Golden Visa: Spanish Residence Permit for Non-EU Investors
- The Spanish Golden Residence Visa for Investors: Year 1
- The Spanish Golden Residence Visa for Investors: Years 2 – 5+
As an investor, can I be granted permanent residency in Spain or Spanish nationality?
After five years of continuous residence, Golden Visa investors can apply for permanent residence in Spain. Likewise, after ten years of residence, Spanish nationality can be requested. In such cases, an effective justification of at least six months of residence must be provided in the majority of cases.
Am I obliged to apply for permanent residency or Spanish nationality?
No, this is completely optional.
Are there any other investments that qualify me for a Spanish Golden Visa?
Yes, other investment options for gaining a golden residency visa in Spain include:
- Investing two million euros in Spanish treasury bonds.
- Investing one million euros in shares of Spanish companies or bank deposits in Spanish banks.
- Developing a business project in Spain that accomplishes one or more of the following:
- Meaningful job creation.
- Socioeconomic impact.
- Relevant contribution to scientific and/or technological innovation.
Related Articles by Andalucía Lawyers